Velcro is strong stuff, but the adhesive that holds the velcro to the plastic is not as strong. Mark II was required. This time I have increased the strength by using a Stainless steel mushroom head bolt and nylon nut to hold it in place. The velcro has been re-adheared to help prevent rotation around th bolt. I have used a single bolt through the square hole in the base plate. Using a carving chisel I have put a hole through the plastic in the brim of the hat.
I have also used a 3/16″ mudguard washer under the brim of the hat to provide event pressure. If the camera comes off this time It will take half the hat with it. This is much stronger than Mark I. Fingers crossed that using this version works perfectly.