I go through life usually unaffected by the weather. Yes training some days are hot and other are cold. But generally I can just go to the fridge and get a cold drink or make a hot coffee. You really start to appreciate the easy convenance when it is removed from access. We have been through a good storm here in South East Queensland over the last couple of days. It has resulted in the following at my house
- Power out (Our tree fell and has taken out the streets power, bonus free fire works for the street)
- Flooding in the shed (My bike building and climbing gear etc storage place, nothing destroyed but needs a good clean out MUD!)
- Phones out
- Internet out
- Work closed today
- Road access in and out restricted due to roads flooded
- My sons 1st day of school canceled (School closed)
- Local fuel station closed no fuel left (Everyone running generators)
This sounds like so little, but without power so little in my life functions easily. I have found myself thinking more about little things. Like the preparation of food, it takes more time and I have put in more thought planning and effort making each meal. Breakfast this morning, I had to take more into account,
- Plan out fridge door opening because fridge is keeping food cold, don’t have power to just cool it down again
- Coffee, get out camp cooker start stove boil water, etc
- Has the milk already turned?
What I am trying to say is more thought is put into the little things once modern conviences are removed. I am not sure if that is better or worse than normal, but I am currently enjoying doing the extra thinking about the little things. I hope everyone is well and you that have been affected much less so than I.
GET OUT, ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS.